Internships Available Now
Want to Get Published and Gain Professional Experience?
bePortland is on the hunt for some photography/journalism interns for summer internships starting in the next couple weeks.
We are looking for motivated and innovative people who are interested in gaining professional development experience in the field of journalism, photography, and online communications. This position has flexible hours and a lot of work can be done from hom 2000 e. Interns will also assist in covering events around the city.
bePortland.com is a local news and culture website. We are looking for people who have a strong appreciation for music, food, entertainment, and the arts to assist our Editors with multiple tasks associated with site content. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Transcribing dictations and writing articles
- Proofreading articles
- Drafting and editing corporate communications
- Assisting with business development/marketing efforts
- Taking photos and editing them
- Working on video shoots and editing video
- Attending and covering various types of events around the city
Required Skills Include:
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Responsible and independent work habits
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding basic business and marketing communications protocols
- Experience with content management systems
- Basic photography skills
Interns with their own DSLR cameras are a huge plus, also a reliable mode of transportation is recommended
This position is great for building a resume and getting your photography, writing, and other material in a reputable online publication.
This is an unpaid internship, but we are willing to work with students interested in obtaining credit, and professional development.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, writing samples, photography samples, video reels, or other related materials to info@bePortland.com.